A small but fast growing 3PL has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager for the Toronto area. This role has full accountability for the entire organization, from warehouse operations to customer service, with key emphasis on financials, client management, people development, as well as overall business strategy. The company has three small ambient warehouses in the GTA with a strong client base, as well as a small freight brokerage division. After 30+ years of success, they adopted a new business strategy which has led to a more diversified service offering as well as a significant increase in revenues.
As General Manager, you will be responsible for the overall performance of the region, including finance, human resources, customer service, and operations. The GM will be responsible for establishing budgets and strategic business plans and is accountable for achieving company objectives. The development and motivation of staff are key responsibilities of the role.
- Build and maintain financials for the organization.
- Promote company values, lead business strategy.
- Act as coach and mentor, developing and strengthening management team.
- Formulate and implement strategies to improve profitability.
- Develop processes for operating and managing warehouse operations, equipment utilization, labour management and customer service.
- Participate in Business Development: respond to client requests for proposals, prepare and present solutions to potential clients.
The incumbent should be a seasoned professional with a Degree in Business or a related field with minimum 10 years of experience in a Supply Chain Leadership role. Must have experience working for a 3PL warehouse organization.
If you are a solid logistics leader who meets these criteria, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.